- 1 1/2 Cups Finely Grated Carrots
- 1/2 Cup raw almonds
- 1/2 Cup Raw Walnuts
- 1 1/2 Cups Medjool dates, pitted (like these)
- 1 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup (like this)
- 3/4 Cup Dried Coconut (I use this brand)
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1/8 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. Cardamom
- A Pinch of Salt
- Coconut Whip Cream Frosting (recipe here)
- Begin by grating your carrots on the smaller side of a box grater. Gently squeeze out the excess liquid from the grated carrots.
- Once the carrots have been squeezed dry, measure them until you have about 1 1/2 cups.
- Next, grind the almonds and walnuts until they begin to turn into a flour, but not so much that they turn into nut butter.
- Add in coconut, spices, and salt and pulse for 10 seconds.
- Next, add the carrots, syrup and dates to the food processor, and mix until the dates become well chopped.
- Using a cupcake tin with plastic wrap or wax paper strips, place about 2-3 tbsp of mixture in each cupcake hole and press down for even hardening.
- Place in freezer for 1 hour to harden.
- Cover with coconut whipped cream.