- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk (where to buy BPA free coconut milk)
- 3/4 cup almond flour (I use THIS brand)
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour (like this)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest from half of a lemon
- 1/4 tsp unrefined salt
- 1 and 3/4 cups mixed blueberries and raspberries
- 3 tbsp butter, coconut oil, or ghee for greasing pan
- more fresh berries
- maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 450’F. Place medium-sized cast iron skillet to heat up for 10 minutes. (The secret to a good dutch baby is a hot pan.)
- Combine eggs, coconut milk, almond flour, tapioca flour, vanilla extract. lemon zest, and salt in a blender and process until smooth.
- Very carefully remove HOT skillet from oven. Drop in 3 tablespoons of butter (or ghee or coconut oil) and allow to melt, swirling to evenly coat pan. Then slowly pour batter into pan.
- Scatter berries over batter and carefully place pan into oven. Bake for 16-18, until puffy, golden, and set in center.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately. Top with fresh berries and maple syrup. Or anything else that makes you happy.