- 3 cute little winter squash
- 5 eggs, preferably pastured
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (where to buy BPA and additive free coconut milk)
- 4 TBS raw honey OR REAL maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/8 tsp clove powder
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp unrefined salt (like this)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- a little bit of ghee (I use this brand), butter, or coconut oil (like this) to grease baking pan and squash skins
- Preheat oven to 400’F. Lightly grease a large baking pan or cookie sheet. Cut winter squash in half horizontally, scoop out the seeds and stringy parts, and rub outer skins liberally with fat of choice.
- Bake squash, cut side down, for 30-40 minutes until insides are soft. Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to handle. Reduce oven heat to 350’F.
- Carefully scoop out inner meat of squash, leaving a thin layer inside to the skin to provide support for the shell.
- Place all ingredients into blender and puree until creamy and smooth. Taste and adjust for flavor and sweetness.
- Arrange the 6 squash shells skin side down onto your baking sheet. Pour the creamy yumminess into each shell.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the filling is set. Allow to cool slightly.
- Serve either warm OR at room temperature. Feel free to add whipped cream, ice cream, or coconut whipped cream.
2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice can be substituted for all of the spices in this recipe.