- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 6–8 tbsp of butter or ghee
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 heaping tbsp of fresh thyme leaves (puled off stem) plus 12-24 small little sprigs of thyme
- 1 tsp unrefined salt
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350’F.
- Melt butter or ghee in a small pot on low heat. Then brush each cup of muffin tin with melted butter/ghee and add 1/4 tsp of melted butter/ghee into each cup. Place 1-2 small sprigs of thyme into the bottom of each muffin cup. Set aside.
- Add crushed garlic and one tablespoon of thyme leaves into melted fat, turn off heat, and allow to infuse.
- Meanwhile, wash and peel sweet potatoes. Slice into VERY thin slices. (I used a mandoline like THIS). Placed sliced sweet potatoes in a bowl and toss with infused melted butter/ghee mixture.
- Create stack in each muffin cup by starting in the center and forming the first layer by overlapping each slice in a circular pattern. Change directions and form another overlapping circle. Continue until you have a tall stacks that fill each muffin cup to the top. Give a light little press down as you go, making sure they are as tight and compact as possible.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and increase oven to 450’F.
- Remove foil and invert a parchment paper lined baking sheet over muffin tip. Carefully flip the muffin tin so stacks gracefully pop out onto baking sheet. You may need to rearrange a few slices that have strayed. Bake another 10-15 minutes, until edges are crispy. Serve and enjoy!