Cozy, moist and delicious mini pumpkin muffins topped with the perfect pecan crumble. Lightly spiced and sweetened with real maple syrup. Hello, Fall! Gluten free. Paleo.
FOR THE CRUMBLE
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (like this)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder (I prefer ceylon cinnamon)
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp butter, ghee, or coconut oil – melted
FOR THE PUMPKIN MUFFINS
- 1 and 1/4 cups blanched almond flour (I use THIS super fine brand)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder (like this) OR tapioca flour (like this)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour, sifted (I use THIS brand)
- 1 and 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice powder (like this)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, ghee, or coconut oil – melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (I use THIS BPA free brand)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar (I use THIS raw brand)
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Line 24 mini muffins with mini muffin liners.
- Prepare crumble by combining chopped pecans, almond flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl. Drizzle melted fat over top and mix until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Mix together almond flour, arrowroot, coconut flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, melted fat of choice, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and apple cider vinegar. Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until combined.
- Scoop about 1 heaping tablespoon of mixture into each prepared muffin tin. Spoon about one teaspoon of crumble onto each muffin.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, until golden and toothpick comes out clean in center. They taste amazing warm. Enjoy!
If you don’t have pumpkin spice powder, you can make your own: 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger powder, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon all spice, and 1/8 teaspoon clove powder. Use 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of this mixture for this recipe.