It’s October, so OBVIOUSLY I am sharing a new pumpkin recipe with you all. Cozy, moist and delicious mini pumpkin muffins topped with the perfect pecan crumble. Hello, Fall!
Baking is my happy place. I bake when I’m happy. I bake when I’m sad. I bake when I’m stressed. And I bake when I’m bored. It’s sort of a zen experience for me. So lucky for me, Fall baking season has begun, and I have an excuse to bake muffins at 10 am on a Monday….. because I’m working, right???
I’m going to put out a disclaimer right now: I’m in a baking mood, and the blog may be full of apple and pumpkin recipes before the month is up. Hope that’s OK with y’all. Every morning, I’ve been experimenting with new muffin, waffle, and pancake recipes. Luckily, I have a willing little taste tester who happily eats up all the goods I make every day.
I sometimes wonder if I’ve completely spoiled my Little One when it comes to food as she has grown up in my test kitchen eating all the good things. At least she will have super high standards when it comes to healthy real food.
So, let’s talk mini muffins. Anyone else love them? I love them mostly because it’s fun to eat 4-5 tiny little muffins instead of one big one. I mean, how cute are these?
These little mini pumpkin muffins taste UH-MAY-ZING. Every single bite is moist, pumpkin goodness. They’re lightly spiced and sweetened with real maple syrup. And that sweet pecan crumble. So good. The smell coming from the oven is reason enough to make these muffins.
The recipe makes about 24 mini muffins. Enough for everyone to some. If big muffins are your jam, you can make about 8 regular size muffins.
Hope you get a chance to make these yummy little morsels. I think you are really going to love them.
OK, so now you’ll know where to find me over the next few months. I’ll be in my kitchen, apron on, baking away. Happy Fall!
Mini Pumpkin Muffins (gluten free and paleo)
Cozy, moist and delicious mini pumpkin muffins topped with the perfect pecan crumble. Lightly spiced and sweetened with real maple syrup. Hello, Fall! Gluten free. Paleo.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 24 mini muffins
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
FOR THE CRUMBLE
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (like this)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder (I prefer ceylon cinnamon)
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp butter, ghee, or coconut oil – melted
FOR THE PUMPKIN MUFFINS
- 1 and 1/4 cups blanched almond flour (I use THIS super fine brand)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder (like this) OR tapioca flour (like this)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour, sifted (I use THIS brand)
- 1 and 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice powder (like this)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, ghee, or coconut oil – melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (I use THIS BPA free brand)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar (I use THIS raw brand)
- Line 24 mini muffins with mini muffin liners.
- Prepare crumble by combining chopped pecans, almond flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl. Drizzle melted fat over top and mix until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Mix together almond flour, arrowroot, coconut flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, melted fat of choice, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and apple cider vinegar. Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until combined.
- Scoop about 1 heaping tablespoon of mixture into each prepared muffin tin. Spoon about one teaspoon of crumble onto each muffin.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, until golden and toothpick comes out clean in center. They taste amazing warm. Enjoy!
If you don’t have pumpkin spice powder, you can make your own: 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger powder, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon all spice, and 1/8 teaspoon clove powder. Use 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of this mixture for this recipe.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.