- Pour water and lemon juice into a medium bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over top and allow to bloom for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together coconut milk and lemon zest in a small pot. Heat over medium heat until steaming but not boiling. Pour steaming milk over gelatin mixture, add honey and salt, and whisk until completely incorporated.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes, then cover tightly (I use the heavy lid of my Dutch oven) and allow to set in fridge – at least 3 hours. (**see note)
- Remove from fridge and using a hand mixer, whip until fluffy and smooth. Be patient. This can take a couple of minutes. Enjoy!
- If you prefer a panna cotta type dessert, you can pour mixture into small individual cups to set. Be sure to cover before placing in fridge. No whipping necessary.
- Once whipped until fluffy, pudding can be kept in fridge for up to 3 days.
- My favorite part about this healthy treat is the yummy zest. But if zest in your pudding is not your thing, simply strain coconut milk through a sieve before adding to lemon/gelatin mixture.