- 2 medium sweet potatoes or yams, cooked (2 cups mashed)
- 2 eggs, preferably pastured, whipped
- 1 TBS arrowroot powder (like this)
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt (I use this one)
- coconut oil (like this) or ghee (like this) for cooking
- GARNISH: fresh lemon juice and cilantro
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl (except for cooking oil and garnish) and mash until well combined.
- Let mixture sit in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Heat your fat of choice in a large skillet. Spoon out TABLESPOON sized scoops of mixture into pan and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes before flipping. Continue to cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with a titch of fresh lemon juice sprinkled on top and some fresh cilantro. These heat up nicely on a warm skillet.