- 1 and 1/4 cups blanched almond flour (like this)
- 2 TBS coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt (I use this one)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 4 TBS full fat coconut milk (where to buy BPA and additive free coconut milk)
- 4 TBS real maple syrup (or honey)
- 4 TBS coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
FOR MAPLE GLAZE:
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Lightly grease your donut pan (like this) with ghee or coconut oil
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir to combine.
- Place the batter in a piping bag (like this) or large ziploc bag with the end cut off the end so there’s about a 1/2-inch opening
- Fill each cavity in donut pan 3/4 full. Give the pan a little shake or two to let the batter settle.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and edges are just beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven. Let cool for 5 minutes then tip over onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before adding glaze.
To make glaze:
- Place all glaze ingredients into high speed blender. Process until smooth and creamy. Add more water a tiny bit at a time if it’s too thick to pour. Pour into shallow bowl. Dip each donut into glaze with a twisting motion to let extra run back into bowl. Place back onto cooling rack.