- 3 eggs
- 6 TBS coconut oil (like this)OR ghee (like this), melted
- 3 TBS raw honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt (I use this one)
- 1/2 cup plus 3 TBS coconut flour (like this one), sifted
- I batch of lemon curd (recipe here)
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1 and 1/4 tsp grass fed gelatin (like this)
- Preheat oven to 350’F.
- Whisk together eggs until foamy.
- Add fat of choice, honey, vanilla, and salt. Mix again.
- Sift in coconut flour and mix again until thoroughly combined. Press mixture into 4 tart pans (like this) and bake for 11-13 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Prepare lemon custard as directed HERE. Once it is done, place 1/4 cup water into a small bowl and sprinkle gelatin over the surface. Allow to bloom for 5 minutes.
- Gently heat lemon curd back up if it has cooled, add gelatin/water mixture, and whisk until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Pour lemon curd into prepared crusts and place into fridge to set ~ at least 2 hours.
- Serve at room temperature. Top with fresh berries to make them lovely and beautiful.
The tart pans that I used for this recipe are 4.675 inch round tart pans.