- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp butter, ghee, or coconut oil, melted (where to get grass fed ghee)
- 1 tbsp butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground meat (turkey, chicken, beef, or bison)
- 1 tsp chili powder (like this)
- 1 tsp cumin powder (like this)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder (like this)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 small radishes, thinly sliced
- black olives, sliced
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 2 small jalapeños, deseeded and sliced
- extra cilantro
- coconut cream, non-dairy plain coconut yogurt, plain yogurt, or sour cream (mixed with a tbsp of fresh lime juice and salt to taste)**** see note (where to buy BPA free coconut milk)
- lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 400″F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pour melted fat of choice on sweet potato rounds and mix to evenly coat. Spread rounds single layer onto baking sheets. Bake 25-30 minutes, flipping once halfway through- until fork tender. Remove from oven.
- While sweet potatoes are baking, melt 1 tablespoon of fat of choice in a large skillet. Add onions and saute until translucent about- 4 minutes. Add ground meat and saute until browned. Add chili powder, cumin, cayenne, and salt PLUS 2 tablespoons of water. Mix and cook until water in evaporated, stirring occasionally. Turn off heat and add cilantro. Mix to combine.
- TO ASSEMBLY LOADED SWEET POTATOES: Simply spoon ground meat mixture over sweet potatoes and sprinkle on all other garnishes. Eat and enjoy!
*** I made this recipe with the top layer of a full fat coconut milk (the coconut cream.) You will need to leave the can in fridge overnight to separate the layers. You can also use non-dairy plain coconut yogurt. If dairy is your thing, you can also use plain yogurt or sour cream.