Need an easy chicken dinner recipe? Lemon Rosemary Chicken Thighs are a family favorite around here. And they are a breeze to make.
I often make dinner in the mornings while I am working. I prep everything so when dinner time comes, all I have to do is heat and serve. Trying to make dinner after a long day when Little One is needing attention just doesn’t seem to work for me.
This easy chicken thigh recipe is on regular dinner rotation at our house. I make a big batch so we have leftovers for lunches during the week. The tangy lemony flavor and hint of rosemary pair well with a big green salad and honey sesame yams. Your family will love it.
Many chicken recipes call for baking chicken thighs uncovered. I find that this makes for a slightly chewy chicken. Not really my cup of tea. I prefer my chicken soft, tender, and juicy- falling off the bone. This is achieved by roasting it in a dutch oven or cover baking dish at a lower temperature. It does take a bit longer but so worth it. I broil the chicken thighs for just a few minutes at the end to give them a nice crispy finish.
It’s sophisticated enough to serve for dinner guests and simple enough to throw together for a weeknight meal. I hope you enjoy it!
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 TBS dijon mustard
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp unrefined salt
- a pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Combine dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over chicken thighs and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 300’F.
- Arrange chicken thighs in the bottom of a heavy baking pan, making sure they are not overlapping. Slip sprigs of rosemary in between.
- Bake, covered, for 60-70 minutes, until cooked all the way through. Remove cover and broil for 2-3 minutes, until chicken thighs are beginning to brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
Side dishes you might enjoy with this:
- Homemade Vegetable Noodles
- Masala Sweet Potato Bites
- Easy Greens
- Curried Butternut Squash and Greens
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.