- Whisk together one cup of the canned coconut milk and lemon zest in a medium pan. Bring to just below a boil, turn off heat, cover, and allow to infuse.
- Pour the rest of the coconut milk into a shallow bowl and sprinkle the gelatin evenly over the surface and allow to BLOOM for 10 minutes.
- Once gelatin has bloomed, gently reheat the coconut milk/lemon mixture to just below a boil and whisk in the coconut milk/gelatin until completely dissolved. Turn off heat.
- Whisk in the sweetener of choice and vanilla.
- Strain with a sieve and pour into 3 small dishes and allow to chill until set (at least 4 hours.)
- Run a sharp knife around the edge of each cup and unmold onto a serving plate, and garnish as desired OR you can place the chilled cups into a hot water bath for a minute or two to make removal a titch easier.
I usually use a canned coconut milk without any additives. However, I have found that this panna cotta tends to separate a bit if there are no emulsifiers in it. It still tastes AMAZING. It just isn’t as pretty