- 1/2 cup coconut flour (like this)
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt (I use this one)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 6 eggs
- 6 TBS real maple syrup (like this) or raw honey (I use this one)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (like this) or ghee (like this), melted
- 6 TBS full fat coconut milk (where to find BPA and additive free coconut milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 cup of mixed berries (I used strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. I chopped the strawberries into small pieces)
- coconut oil or ghee for oiling skillet
- Preheat oven to 350’F and LIBERALLY oil skillet with fat of choice.
- Sift together coconut flour, sea salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs until nice and foamy. Then add sweetener of choice, coconut oil/ghee, coconut milk, vanilla, lemon juice, and zest. Mix again to thoroughly combine.
- Slowly add dry to wet. Mix until combined. Allow to sit for 2-3 minutes to allow coconut flour to absorb.
- Pour into greased skillet. Gently spread evenly across bottom of skillet. Pour berries on top.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes, or until cake is firm in center and lightly golden.