- 5 leaves of kale
- 1/4 small red onion
- 3 ripe avocados
- 2 TBS fresh cilantro
- 1/2 clove fresh garlic, minced (more if you like it garlicky)
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt (like this)
- 1 TBS fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- OPTIONAL: a small jalapeño or a titch of cayenne for some heat
- Steam or boil kale for about 7-9 minutes. Drain well and allow to cool. (Cooking the kale reduces the goitrogenic properties of kale.)
- Once kale has cooled, process onions, kale, and garlic in a food processor until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and process until desired consistency.
- Adjust for lime and salt. ENJOY!