- 6–7 slices of thick bacon, about a 1/2 pound (I use uncured, nitrite free humanely-raised bacon)
- 1/2 cup REAL maple syrup (like this)
- Preheat oven to 400’F
- Place bacon slices in a 9×13 glass baking dish and bake for 15 minutes at 400’F.
- Remove bacon from oven and drain the grease out of the pan.
- Turn oven down to 350’F. Pour maple syrup over bacon slices and flip bacon around until well coated. Return to oven and bake for 30-35 minutes more (until bacon is crispy and syrup is caramel-like,) flipping the bacon slices at least once during this time. Be watchful for the last 5-10 minutes as it burns quickly.
- Remove from oven and place bacon slices on a plate to cool and harden. Placing it in the fridge or freezer will speed up this process.