How to Cook Delicata Squash (with 4 Flavor Combinations)
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Sides
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American, gluten free
FOR BASIC RECIPE
- 2 delicata squash
- 1 tbsp butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- salt, to taste
FOR MAPLE SPICE
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon OR chili powder
FOR SAVORY SPICE
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp chili powder (like this)
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder (like this)
- ground pepper, to taste
FOR CURRY SPICE
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp curry powder (like this)
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon powder
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400’F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and scrub delicate squash. Cut off both ends, cut down the center (the long way) and scoop out seeds and stringy bits. Then slice squash into half circles about 1/4 – 1/2 inches thick.
- For basic recipe, in a large bowl, drizzle in 1 tablespoons of fat of choice and salt to taste. If going for a flavored version, add whatever flavor combo ingredients that you like to the fat and salt. Mix to thoroughly coat.
- Spread squash pieces in a single layer on prepared baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes. Flip squash with a spatula and roast another 15-20 minutes, until fork tender and golden brown. Serve and enjoy!!