- 1 pound strawberries, chopped into 1 inch pieces (preferably organic)
- 1/2 cup honey, raw (like this)
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups raw cream (preferably from grassfed cows)
- 1/2 cup raw milk (grass-fed)
- 2 pinches celtic sea salt (I use this one)
- 2 egg yolks, (preferably pastured)
- 1 vanilla bean (like this), sliced open and scraped)
- Place chopped strawberries into large bowl, add honey and lemon juice, and mash with fork or potato masher until strawberries begin to break down and release juices. Set aside for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cut vanilla pod open with kitchen shears and scrape out the inside. Discard pod.
- In a blender, combine cream, milk, scraped vanilla beans (no pod,), egg yolks, salt, and half of strawberry mash and process until smooth.
- Add remaining strawberry mash and set entire mixture in fridge to chill.
- Assemble ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions, and pour chilled mixture into ice cream canister. Process for 25-45 minutes, depending on your machine.
- Serve immediately or store in freezer (if there is any left!!!)