Today I am talking about ice cream. Homemade, creamy, delicious ice cream made from raw milk and cream. There is no substitute for good quality dairy from a local farm. And since strawberries are so incredibly abundant right now, I’m talking about Strawberry Vanilla Ice Cream.
Making homemade ice cream is easy. You do, however, need an ice cream maker (LIKE THIS). I like to use raw milk for making ice cream. Raw whole milk from grass-fed cows is a much healthier alternative to commercial, pasteurized milks which are highly processed, often laden with growth hormones and antibiotics, and stripped of vital enzymes and nutrients. I recommend raw, grass-fed milk over organic commercial milk because it is still highly processed, pasteurized, and can lead to health problems. And don’t even get me started on low-fat and skim milk!!! Full Fat All The Way!!
You are going to LOVE this amazingly creamy ice cream with chunks of strawberry. It’s a no cook version as I want to preserve the goodness of the raw dairy I am using.Print
- 1 pound strawberries, chopped into 1 inch pieces (preferably organic)
- 1/2 cup honey, raw (like this)
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups raw cream (preferably from grassfed cows)
- 1/2 cup raw milk (grass-fed)
- 2 pinches celtic sea salt (I use this one)
- 2 egg yolks, (preferably pastured)
- 1 vanilla bean (like this), sliced open and scraped)
- Place chopped strawberries into large bowl, add honey and lemon juice, and mash with fork or potato masher until strawberries begin to break down and release juices. Set aside for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cut vanilla pod open with kitchen shears and scrape out the inside. Discard pod.
- In a blender, combine cream, milk, scraped vanilla beans (no pod,), egg yolks, salt, and half of strawberry mash and process until smooth.
- Add remaining strawberry mash and set entire mixture in fridge to chill.
- Assemble ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions, and pour chilled mixture into ice cream canister. Process for 25-45 minutes, depending on your machine.
- Serve immediately or store in freezer (if there is any left!!!)
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.