- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/4 medium onion
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored, and quartered
- 1 and 1/2 TBS REAL maple syrup (like this)
- 2 TBS fresh herbs, finely chopped (Basil, cilantro, oregano, parsley…whatever you have)
- 1 tsp celtic sea salt (I use this one)
- 1/2 tsp ground sage, dried (like this)
- 1 TBS coconut oil (like this), butter, or ghee (like this)
- In a small food processor, puree onion and garlic. Add apple pieces and pulse until apple is broken up into tiny pieces but not pureed. (You can skip this step and just chop everything fine if you don’t mind chunks of onion, garlic, and apple. I prefer is a bit more incorporated.)
- Saute onion/garlic/apple mixture in 1 TBS of fat of choice over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, until it softens and begins to brown a bit. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, add maple syrup to ground pork and mix thoroughly. Add the rest of the ingredients, including onion/garlic/mixture and mix well. I use my hands.
- Shape into desired sized patties and either fry up now or freeze for later. If freezing, separate layers with unbleached parchment paper.