- 1 cup cocoa butter (like this)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup real maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 cup raw cacao powder (like this) or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp unrefined salt (I use THIS brand)
- OPTIONAL: 2 drops of orange or 1 drop of lavender essential oil (where to buy good quality essential oils)
- Gently melt cocoa butter and coconut oil in a double boiler. (I use a glass bowl on top of a cooking pot.)
- Once melted, remove from heat and stir in sweetener of choice until completely smooth. Add cacao powder, vanilla, and salt. Mix again until well incorporated and smooth. (add optional essential oils here)
- Pour chocolate into molds or baking dish. Place into fridge or freezer to harden for several hours.
- Store at room temperature or in fridge.