- 1 and 1/2 cups raw cashews (soaked in water for 4–6 hours)
- 4 TBS full fat coconut milk (where to buy BPA and additive free coconut milk)
- 1 TBS nutritional yeast (like this)
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 – 1 clove garlic, crushed
- several grinds of fresh pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh herbs (basil, chives, parsley, cilantro, dill)
- unrefined sea salt, to taste (I use this brand)
- Soak cashews in water for at least 4-6 hours. Drain and rinse well.
- Process drained cashews and coconut milk in food processor until creamy smooth, about 5-7 minutes, scraping sides a time or two. Be patient here. This cheese is amazing when you get it nice and smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process another minute to full incorporate. Feel free to add a tsp or 2 of liquid here if you prefer. I like mine pretty thick.
- Adjust the salt and pepper. Place in fridge to cool completely. Serve and enjoy!