- 1 and 1/2 cups cooked, mashed yam
- 1/4 cup RAW honey (like this)
- 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt (I use this one)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp powdered ginger
- pinch of clove
- 5 eggs, beaten, preferably pastured
- 1 and 1/4 cup coconut milk (where to buy BPA and additive free coconut milk)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (like this)
- coconut oil, butter, or ghee for oiling ramekins
- Fill a large baking pan halfway with water and place into oven on the center rack. Preheat oven to 350’F.
- Lightly oil 6 ramekins.
- Combine mashed yams and honey in a large bowl. Add sea salt and spices. Mix well to combine.
- Stir in the beaten eggs and mix again until well combined.
- Pour in coconut milk and vanilla. Stir again.
- If using optional garnish, combine shredded coconut, coconut sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Spoon mixture into oiled ramekins, dividing it equally among the 6 cups. Sprinkle with optional garnish if desired.
- Carefully place ramekins into the baking pan with the hot water in the oven.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until pudding is solid and a toothpick comes out clean. It’s OK if the center is a bit soft as it will continue to cook after coming out of oven.
- VERY carefully remove baking pan from oven. Then remove individual ramekins from the pan. (I used kitchen tongs)
- Allow to cool completely before serving. This pudding tastes the best at room temperature or cold out of the fridge.
- Store leftovers in fridge, tightly covered.