These healthy trail mix bars are the perfect balance of sweet, salty, and crunchy. Totally customizable with your favorite nuts, seeds, and dried fruit. Gluten free + vegan with a grain free/paleo option.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond butter
- 2–3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (I used pecans, hazelnuts + cashews)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats (OR 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp large coconut flakes)
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds (flax meal)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (I use THIS brand)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp raisins
- Preheat oven to 325’F. Line 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil, almond butter, and maple syrup. Add in chopped nuts, pumpkin seeds, oats, flax meal, chia seeds, salt, and cinnamon. Mix to combine. Fold in cranberries and raisins.
- Scrape mixture into prepared baking dish and spread evenly out, pressing down with the back of a spatula or bottom of a glass to get a nice and tight layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool completely before slicing into 16 bars. Once cool, placing into fridge for 30 minutes can make slicing easier.
- Store in airtight container in fridge for up to 2 weeks. Freeze for longer storage.