A healthy, creamy, and delicious sweet potato chocolate mousse made with just a few simple ingredients. Dairy free. Paleo. Vegan.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder (like this) or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp dairy free milk of any kind (I used THIS)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- TOPPINGS: berries and raw cacao nibs (like this)
- Preheat oven to 400’F. Place whole sweet potatoes inside covered Dutch oven and bake for 45-60 minutes, until soft and tender. OR place whole sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake uncovered on 400’F until soft. Once cooked, peel and mash.
- Process 2 cups of mashed sweet potato in food processor or high speed blender until smooth. Add rest of ingredients and process until well incorporated and creamy smooth, scraping sides a couple of times. Place in fridge to chill.
- Top with your favorite berries and raw cacao nibs. Enjoy! Store in airtight glass jar in fridge for up to 3 days.