Just a few simple ingredients come together to make this smooth and delicious sweet potato chocolate mousse. Decadent enough to be dessert but healthy enough to be breakfast or snack.
Sweet potatoes and chocolate? Yes, trust me on this one.
You’re not going to believe how insanely good this sweet potato chocolate mousse is. It’s one of my go-to recipes when we have extra sweet potatoes left over from the night before.
Clean eating dessert has never been so good OR so easy. Made with things you probably already have sitting in your pantry. Simple puree all of the ingredients up and you’re good to go.
Here’s the deets:
real food… that’s it. Just a few whole food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.
sweet potatoes… loaded with fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, manganese and several other vitamins and minerals. A total superfood, if you ask me.
raw cacao… is the purest form of chocolate. Cacao is extremely rich in antioxidants and contains a number of essential minerals, including magnesium, sulfur, calcium, iron, zinc, copper, potassium and manganese. Bonus: cacao contains anandamide, known as the bliss molecule, which produces uniquely euphoric feelings of relaxation and contentment. Sweet!
lightly sweetened… with real maple syrup, which compliments the rich favor of the roasted sweet potatoes. Feel free to use any sweetener that you like. Or leave it out completely for a Whole30 compliant snack.
the texture… my favorite part about this recipe is the smooth and velvety texture. Your people are not going to believe that it’s just sweet potatoes.
the toppings… blueberries and raw cacao nibs are my favorite way to serve this tasty mousse. Feel free to use any other berries that you like. A dolop of coconut whipped cream wouldn’t be a bad idea either.
Recipes like this one are good to have around. It’s an easy way to get more vegetables into your diet. It’s fun to eat healthy foods that taste super decadent. And who doesn’t love a good chocolate mousse?
DID YOU MAKE THIS AND LOVE IT? I WANT TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS. SHARE THE LOVE ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG @savorylotus AND USE THE HASHTAG #savorylotus FOR A CHANCE TO BE FEATURED. FOLLOW SAVORY LOTUS ON PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK TO KEEP UP WITH LATEST CONTENT AND UPDATES.Print
A healthy, creamy, and delicious sweet potato chocolate mousse made with just a few simple ingredients. Dairy free. Paleo. Vegan.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder (like this) or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp dairy free milk of any kind (I used THIS)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- TOPPINGS: berries and raw cacao nibs (like this)
- Preheat oven to 400’F. Place whole sweet potatoes inside covered Dutch oven and bake for 45-60 minutes, until soft and tender. OR place whole sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake uncovered on 400’F until soft. Once cooked, peel and mash.
- Process 2 cups of mashed sweet potato in food processor or high speed blender until smooth. Add rest of ingredients and process until well incorporated and creamy smooth, scraping sides a couple of times. Place in fridge to chill.
- Top with your favorite berries and raw cacao nibs. Enjoy! Store in airtight glass jar in fridge for up to 3 days.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.