- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium zucchinis)
- 1 and 3/4 cup almond flour ( I use THIS blanched brand)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder or tapioca starch (like THIS or THIS)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour (I use THIS brand)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup mashed banana (about 1 and 1/2 bananas)
- 1/4 cup butter, ghee, or coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (I use THIS brand)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (I use THIS raw brand)
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips plus more for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin tin with 12 muffin liners. Set aside.
- Place shredded zucchini in a nut milk bag or clean tea towel and squeeze out as much of the water as you can. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, arrowroot, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, mashed banana, fat of choice, coconut sugar, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar. Fold in shredded zucchini. Then fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop mixture into 12 prepared muffin cups and bake for 22-24 minutes, until golden and centers are set. Enjoy!
The coconut sugar is optional. Feel free to leave it out if you prefer a sugar free muffin.
You can sub fresh blueberries or chopped nuts for the chocolate chips.