- Drain and rinse soaked hazelnuts. Add nuts and 4 cups water to your high speed blender and process for 2 minutes on high. Strain through a nut milk bag.
- Add hazelnut milk back to blender and add 1/2 cup of dates, salt, and vanilla. Process until creamy smooth, about a minute. Taste for sweetness and add more dates if desired.
- For optional gelatin: Combine 1 TBS of gelatin with 1/4 cup boiling water and whisk until gelatin is completely dissolved. Add to blender and process until incorporated.
- Place mixture into freezer for 1 hour or in fridge overnight to cool.
- Pour into ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s instructions. Top with toasted chopped hazelnuts, chocolate chips, seasonal berries, or anything else that makes you happy.