- 2 heads of romaine lettuce, halved lengthwise, rinsed and dried
- 1 small pomegranate
- 1/4 cup avocado oil plus more for brushing (like this)
- 3 large shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
Creamy Turmeric Dressing
- Slice romaine heads in half lengthwise, rinse, and dry. Place onto baking sheet and brush liberally with avocado oil. Set aside.
- Remove seeds from pomegranate. Set aside.
- TO MAKE CRISPY SHALLOTS: In a medium skillet, heat ¼ cup of avocado oil on medium-high heat. Saute sliced shallots in hot oil until crispy and brown, stirring occasionally, about 7-8 minutes. Then using a fine mesh sieve over a bowl, carefully pour oil and crispy shallots though to strain out the oil. Allow crispy shallots to drain on a paper towel while you prepare rest of recipe.
- TO MAKE DRESSING: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until creamy smooth. Adjust for lemon, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- TO GRILL ROMAINE: Preheat grill on high heat. Place oiled romaine halves onto hot grill grates for 2-3 minutes each side or until they have nice dark grill marks.
- Arrange grilled romaine heads onto serving plates. Drizzle with creamy turmeric dressing and garnish with pomegranates and crispy shallots. Serve immediately. Enjoy!