- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup cheddar or mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, preferably pastured
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp celtic sea salt (I use this one)
- Preheat oven to 400′ F
- Process florets, in batches, in food processor until resembles consistency of rice
- Place 4 cups of cauliflower “rice” into medium pot. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and 2 TBS water. Cover and steam on medium heat for 6-7 minutes, until soft but not mushy. Stir occasionally
- Place a clean dish towel over a large bowl and carefully dump cooked cauliflower onto towel. Allow to cool for 10 minutes
- Gather up the ends of the dish towel, wrapping the cauliflower mixture inside and gently squeeze out ALL of the water into the bowl (Try to get it all out. This prevents soggy crust. Trust me!!)
- Process basil leaves and garlic in food processor until finely minced.
- Combine squeezed out cauliflower with basil/garlic mixture and the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Using your hands, spread the ‘dough’ into a THIN layer on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Make it as thin as possible without making holes in the dough.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400′ F then turn down to 350’F until nice and brown, another 15 minutes or so. (optional: I like to flip the flatbread over onto another piece of parchment paper for the last 5 minutes or so to brown the bottom. Not necessary. But please be careful. It is VERY hot.)