- 1 and 1/2 cups sunflower seeds, preferably soaked and dehydrated
- 2 TBS coconut flour (like this)
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup OR raw honey
- 2 TBS coconut oil (like this), melted
- 1 TBS blackstrap molasses (I use this one)
- 2 inches piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp celtic sea salt (I use this one)
- OPTIONAL: coconut sugar (like this) for topping
- Process sunflower seeds in food processor for 1 and 1/2 minutes until broken down into a coarse flour.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until you have a fully combined dough. It will begin to roll into a ball.
- Place dough into fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Preheat oven to 350’F, and line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper (like this) or a silicone baking mat (like this).
- Roll tablespoon-sized scoops of dough (with your hands) into uniform balls. Drop onto baking sheet.
- Using a fork, press each dough ball to flatten. (I dip my fork in a cup of water between each cookie to keep from sticking) Sprinkle with optional coconut sugar.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until bottom of cookie begins to brown (less for chewier cookie, more for crispy cookie.)