- 6 TBS coconut flour (like this)
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt (like this)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk (where to buy BPA and additive free coconut milk)
- 2 TBS ghee (like this) or coconut oil (like this), melted
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ghee or coconut oil for brushing on waffle maker
- Sift together coconut flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the 4 eggs with a hand blender until nice and foamy ~ about 20 seconds.
- Add the coconut milk, fat of choice, mashed banana, and vanilla. Mix again until well incorporated.
- Add the dry to the wet and continue to mix until you have a nice, thick batter. (This will be thicker than pancake mix but should not be crumbly in any way. Coconut flour takes some time to get used to so if it seems excessively dry, add a titch of coconut milk.)
- Allow the batter to sit for a couple of minutes while you heat up your waffle maker.
- Lightly brush some ghee or coconut oil onto waffle maker. Spoon mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.