I love breakfast. It’s my favorite meal of the day. I wake up hungry and ready to eat every morning. A while back, I posted a recipe for the Perfect Grain Free Pumpkin Pancake. Today I am sharing a similar recipe except it’s made with bananas and macadamia nut butter.
Pancake are easy to make without any grains. I prefer my pancakes thin like crepes, so these little yummies I made this morning were perfect. Even my sweetie, who is NOT a pancake guy, loved them. Pile on the summer fruit, a titch of honey, and tons of grass fed butter or ghee, and it’s HEAVEN….
I used homemade macadamia nut butter for this recipe made from soaked and dehydrated nuts. The Coconut Mama shared her recipe a while back, and I have just been in love. I eat it on bananas, pancake, and even by the spoonful. If you are not up for making your own, you can buy it HERE Almond butter would work for this recipe as well.
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (nut butter, eggs, vanilla, and salt) and continue mixing until smooth and very well incorporated. The batter will be thin.
- Melt a generous amount of fat of choice in a skillet over medium heat.
- Pour pancake batter into desired sized pancakes and cook for 2-4 minutes until top starts to dry out a bit. Flip and cook other side.
- Add a bit of fat between batches and continue until all pancakes are cooked.
- Serve immediately with toppings of choice. We love fresh berries, honey and tons of butter or ghee. ENJOY!!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.