- 1 cup almond flour (I use THIS blanched brand)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder, tapioca flour OR oat flour **
- 1/4 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder (I use THIS)
- 1 cup coconut sugar (I use THIS brand)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup avocado oil OR melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp dairy free milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (I use THIS dairy and soy free brand)
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk together almond flour, arrowroot (or tapioca or oat flour), cacao powder, coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together fat of choice, dairy free milk, and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and gently mix together. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour brownie mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes until edges are done and toothpick comes out clean in the center (less time= gooeier, more time=chewier). Allow to cool before cutting into squares. Enjoy!
If using oat flour: I have found that some oat flour are VERY dry. I would add an extra tablespoon of milk if the batter seems really thick.