Gluten free + vegan brownies made with just a few simple real food ingredients. Rich and chocolatey with just the right amount of chew.
You guys asked, and I’m listening.
While I’m not vegan, many of you have been asking for more egg free dessert recipes.
I’m seriously particular about the desserts I post on the blog and want to maintain the high standards I have for gluten free baking. Life is too short for mediocre treats.
Today’s vegan brownie recipe is a completely accidental recipe. I was experimenting with creating a super moist vegan chocolate cake recipe, but the end result tasted much more like a fudgy brownie.
They were so good, in fact, that my family claims they are the BEST gluten free dessert I have EVER made. They have been begging me to make them again and again.
So here you go: my version of the BEST gluten free + vegan brownies. Made with just a few simple, whole food ingredients. What more could you ask for?
Here’s the recipe deets:
- almond flour
- arrowroot flour, tapioca flour OR oat flour
- cacao powder
- coconut sugar
- baking soda
- avocado or coconut oil
- dairy free milk of any kind
- vanilla extract
- chocolate chips
What you end up with is a rich, delicious, and slightly fudgey brownie that not even the pickiest of eaters will know is gluten free AND vegan. Ask my family. They will tell you.
They are super chocolatey and slightly gooey with just the right amount of chew.
Tips for Eating Gluten Free + Vegan Brownies
- allow to cool and eat with your favorite dairy free milk
- cut into tiny squares and store in freezer. Eat frozen brownie bites to satisfy a sweet tooth.
- bonus tip: take a frozen brownie bite out of freezer and smear a spoonful of peanut butter (or almond butter) on top. This is my hubby’s preferred way to eat them. 🤩
I’m seriously excited about this recipes because vegan baking is not my specialty. I haven’t been happy with any of the recipes I’ve created using egg replacers like flax or chia eggs. But I’ve discovered that you don’t need any of those to make the PERFECT brownie.
Hope you enjoy!
P.S. If chocolatey vegan desserts are your thing, you may also LOVE my gluten free + vegan chocolate raspberry muffins. ❤️
DID YOU MAKE THIS AND LOVE IT? I WANT TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS. SHARE THE LOVE ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG @savorylotus AND USE THE HASHTAG #savorylotus FOR A CHANCE TO BE FEATURED. FOLLOW SAVORY LOTUS ON PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK TO KEEP UP WITH LATEST CONTENT AND UPDATES.Print
- 1 cup almond flour (I use THIS blanched brand)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder, tapioca flour OR oat flour **
- 1/4 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder (I use THIS)
- 1 cup coconut sugar (I use THIS brand)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup avocado oil OR melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp dairy free milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (I use THIS dairy and soy free brand)
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk together almond flour, arrowroot (or tapioca or oat flour), coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together fat of choice, dairy free milk, and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and gently mix together. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour brownie mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes until edges are done and toothpick comes out clean in the center (less time= gooeier, more time=chewier). Allow to cool before cutting into squares. Enjoy!
If using oat flour: I have found that some oat flour are VERY dry. I would add an extra tablespoon of milk if the batter seems really thick.
CLICK HERE to PIN THIS!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.