The BEST gingerbread energy balls. Super flavorful, perfectly spiced, and satisfying. The perfect holiday snack or treat. Ready in 10 minutes.
- 1/4 cup dates (4–5 small)
- 1 and 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats (like this)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp molasses (like this)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom or allspice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of clove
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (I use THIS brand)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp water
- OPTIONAL: 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (I use THIS nut and dairy free brand)
- Remove pits from dates and process in food processor until broken into small pieces, about 30 seconds. Add in rolled oats and pulse a few times until oats are broken up a bit. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together almond butter, maple syrup, molasses and vanilla extract. Add in date/oat mixture, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom (allspice), nutmeg, clove, chia seeds, salt, and two teaspoons of water. Mix to combine. Fold in optional chocolate chips.
- Roll into 20 balls. Using a mini ice cream scoop will help keep them uniform.
- Store in air-tight container in fridge or freezer.
THIS is the ice cream scoop set that use for making balls. I use the smaller of the three.