- 3–4 pounds sweet potatoes, washed and peeled
- 8 tbsp salted butter or ghee
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs, minced (any combo of rosemary, thyme and sage)
- Preheat oven to 375’F.
- Melt butter (or ghee) in a small pot. Once melted, turn off heat and drop in garlic and fresh herbs. Set aside.
- Slice sweet potatoes into thin slices with a mandolin and arrange upright on their sides in a 10 inch skillet.
- Brush garlic butter mixture over the sweet potatoes, pushing the brush between the slices to coat them.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes, until just tender. Remove cover and turn heat up to 475’F. Bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until edges start to brown a bit. Sprinkle top with a bit of salt. Enjoy!
If you don’t have a 10 inch skillet, this can be made in an 8×8 baking dish.
I highly recommend slicing your sweet potatoes with a mandolin to get perfectly even slices. THIS is the mandolin I use.