- 1/4 cup butter or ghee, melted
- 1 tsp salt
- several grounds of fresh pepper
- 3–4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into thick rounds
- 1 delicata or acorn squash, cut in half, seeded, and sliced into half rounds
- 4–5 small rainbow carrots, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed
- 4–6 chicken thighs and legs, bone-in and skin on
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves pulled off stem
- 2 sprig of fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400’F.
- Combine melted fat, salt, pepper, and crushed garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Spread prepared vegetables onto sheet pan. Drizzle half of butter/ghee mixture on top and using your hands, toss to coat vegetables thoroughly. Spread vegetables evenly across sheet pan as single layer as possible.
- Nest chicken among the vegetables, drizzle remaining butter/ghee mixture over chciken and massage to coat thoroughly.
- Sprinkle fresh herbs all over chicken and vegetables and place into oven. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through. (I like to toss vegetables half way through and baste chicken thighs with the juices in the pan. This is not necessary but makes it even better.)
– Melted butter or ghee is my fat of choice for roasting vegetables. I prefer to only use olive oil for cold recipes. You can read more about that HERE. But feel free to use any fat that makes you happy.
– I prefer to use a full size sheet pan for this recipe to ensure that it all fits nicely. I have used one like THIS for years.