Nothing is better on chilly day than a cozy bowl of soup. This morning I made the most beautiful soup that I’m excited to share with you. It’s ridiculously easy to make and super flavorful. Introducing : Easy Roasted Vegetable Soup.
When it’s cold outside, I tend to draw inward and stay home. I am not a cold weather person and like to stay cozy and warm. During the winter months, you will often find me in the kitchen cooking and baking. Nothing soothes me more than sweet smells out of the oven and warming foods on the stove top.
This morning I made a simple roasted vegetable soup. All I did was roast some hearty winter vegetables and then pureed them with some homemade bone broth. This is a very versatile recipe so you can change up the vegetables as you like.
The deep roasted flavor is so completely warming and nourishing. I am definitely making this soup again!
The secret to the amazing flavor and healing qualities of this soup is in the broth. I highly recommend making homemade bone broth on a regular basis in your own home. Read more HERE about the awesome benefits of real bone broth. See my Easy Chicken Bone Broth Recipe. I also like to make beef bone broth my roasting the bones at 425′F for 25-30 minutes, until browned. Simmer in crock pot for 24-48 hours. You can make stock on the stove top as well.
Hope you enjoy it!
- 2 carrots
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 parsnips
- 2 potatoes, peeled
- 1 small onion
- 3–4 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 3 TBS coconut oil, ghee, beef tallow, or duck fat. melted
- 1 quart homemade broth
- 1 tsp unrefined salt
- 2 TBS fresh parsley, chopped
- additional broth or water to thin soup
- pepper to taste
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400’F
- Roughly chop carrots, sweet potatoes, parsnips, potatoes, and onion and place into a large bowl. Add a whole sprig of fresh rosemary. Pour in fat of choice and toss until vegetable are coated.
- Roast veggies on a large baking pan for 30-40 minutes, throwing in garlic cloves halfway in through and turning vegetables once – until soft and beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven, remove sprig of rosemary, and place veggies into a large soup pot. Add broth, salt, and parsley. Puree with a hand immersion blender or in a regular blender, adding in more broth or water to thin to desired consistency. Salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- Gently reheat and serve warm with some grain free rosemary garlic flatbread and a side salad. Enjoy!
NOTE: this recipe is super versatile. Basically you just need about 6 cups of any heart vegetable. Roast and puree. It will be delicious!
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.