Full of pumpkin and loaded with all the warm and cozy spices, these super simple chocolate chip pumpkin bars are everything I love about fall. Gluten free. Paleo.
- 1 cup almond flour (I Use THIS fine, blanched brand)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (I use THIS brand)
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice (THIS is my fav brand))
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (I use THIS BPA free brand)
- 1/4 cup ghee, butter, or coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp of chocolate chips (like THIS or THIS)
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and lightly grease.
- Whisk together almond flour, coconut sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together almond butter, pumpkin puree, fat of choice, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Add almond flour mixture and stir to combine. Fold in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture evenly into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoon of chocolate chips on top. Bake for 22-24 minutes, until firm in center and lightly browned.
- Allow to cool before lifting out of baking pan and cutting into squares.
I like Primal Palate Pumpkin Pie Spice or you can make your own: 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger powder, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon all spice, and 1/8 teaspoon clove powder. Use 1 tablespoon of this mixture for this recipe.
Keywords: pumpkin bars