- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped into large bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil (like THIS)
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos (a soy sauce alternative) (like THIS)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp unrefined salt
- several grinds of black pepper
FOR MAGIC CILANTRO SAUCE
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (preferably homemade)
- juice from 1 lime
- ½ – 1 clove garlic – depending on how garlicky you like things
- salt and pepper to taste
- TO MAKE MARINADE: Whisk together lime juice, oil, aminos, honey, garlic, cumin, and salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- TO MAKE MAGIC CILANTRO SAUCE: Blend together cilantro, mayo, lime juice, garlic, and salt and pepper in a blender or food processor until creamy smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- TO MAKE KABOBS: 2-4 hours before cooking (no more than 8 hours), place chicken pieces in bowl with marinade. Stir to evenly coat. Cover and place in fridge. When ready to cook, preheat grill to medium high.
- Remove chicken pieces from marinade and discard marinade. Thread onto skewers. Lightly oil grill grate and place skewers on grill. Cook for 8-10 minutes, turing once, until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve immediately with Magic Cilantro Sauce. Enjoy!