- 2 pounds skirt or flank steak (very thin)
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- juice from one lime
- juice from half of small orange
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (like this) or melted ghee (like this)
- 1 tsp unrefined salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (I use this brand)
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder (I use this one)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (like this)
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika (I usethis brand)
- several grinds of fresh black pepper
- Place steaks in a nonreactive glass pan. Set aside.
- Combine vinegar, lime juice, orange juice, oil, salt, and spices in a small bowl. Pour over steak. Turn steak to evenly coat.
- Allow to marinate in fridge for at least an hour (and up to 24 hours.) Allow meat to come to room temperature before grilling.
- Preheat grill on medium high heat. Brush the grates with a little oil to prevent the meat from sticking.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side for a medium rare steak (depending on how thick your steaks are.) Leave it on a bit more if you prefer.
- Remove the steak pieces to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice the steak across the grain on a diagonal. Enjoy!