Easy Broccoli Chicken Meatballs
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 28 meatballs
- Category: make ahead
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 and 1/2 cups steamed broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup cassava flour (like this)
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee, melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder (like this)
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400′ F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper OR place a cooling rack on top of baking sheet.
- Combine all meatball ingredients in a large bowl until well incorporated.
- Roll into about 28 small meatballs ( I use a small cookie scoop to get uniform balls) and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until baked through and slightly golden.
- I prefer to steam the broccoli before adding it to the recipe. I’ve tried grated raw broccoli and don’t love the texture. Simply steam broccoli in a steamer basket for 4-5 minutes until slightly soft and still bright green. Be sure to finely chop for best texture.
- Most people bake meatballs right on the baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), which works fine. I find that my meatballs cook a bit more evenly if I place them on a cooling rack on top of the baking sheet.
- I use cassava flour as a binder. You can sub blanched almond flour if that’s what you have.