- 1 tbsp coconut oil or ghee (or any healthy fat of choice)
- 1/2 of a small cabbage, sliced thinly (about 4 cups packed)
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2–1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 and 1/2 cups of good quality broth (bone broth or veggie broth)
- 1 cup chopped or shredded leftover chicken (or any meat that you like)
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Melt fat of choice in a soup pot over medium high heat. Add cabbage, celery, and salt. Saute for 3-4 minutes, until veggie start to soften, stirring often. Add garlic and ginger and cook for another minute.
- Add broth and chicken to pot and simmer until veggies are cooked to your liking.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve immediately. Store leftovers in an airtight glass container for up to 2 days.