- In a double boiler, melt almond butter, coconut oil, and sweetener of choice until smooth..
- Add sifted cocoa powder and salt. Continue to mix.
- Turn off heat and add peppermint essential oil or peppermint extract.
- Pour into candy molds or into mini muffin tins and place into freezer to harden for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from molds and store in freezer in sealed containers, separating layers with parchment paper.
*NOTE: Please only use pure, food-grade therapeutic essential oils for cooking. Many essential oils that are sold are not 100% pure and can be adulterated. These are not meant for consumption. My essential oil of choice is Young Living. Learn more about where to get good quality essential oils HERE.