- 6–8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp butter, ghee or fat of choice, melted (I use THIS)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1–2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (I used rosemary and thyme) OR 1 tsp of your favorite seasoning blend
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400’F. Place a baking rack on a large baking sheet. Set aside.
- Combine melted fat of choice, salt, garlic, and herbs (or seasoning blend) in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Pat each chicken thigh dry with a paper towel. Cut off excess skin hanging off – but not too much as skin will shrink with baking. Place in a large bowl.
- Pour herb mixture over chicken and toss to coat. Place chicken thighs single layer on prepared rack/pan. Sprinkle with several grinds of fresh black pepper.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, until crispy and golden. Serve and enjoy.