- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup pineapple chunks, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup homemade coconut milk (recipe here) (or 3/4 cup full fat canned coconut milk (like this) plus 1/4 cup water)
- fresh turmeric, peeled ~ about the size of a small grape (or 1/4-1/2 tsp turmeric powder (like this)
- fresh ginger, peeled ~ about the size of a small grape
- 1 TBS coconut butter (like this) or coconut oil (like this)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 TBS hemp seeds (like this)
- 1 TBS collagen peptide (like this one)
- Optional: 3-4 ice cubes, if you like a colder smoothie
- Optional: pinch of black pepper to help turmeric absorption
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender and process until creamy and smooth ~ about 45 seconds.
- Drink and enjoy! Your body will thank you!
If you are new to turmeric, it’s best to start out small. Add just a titch to your smoothie and see how you like it. You can always add more. Too much can be a bit bitter. My experience is that the body quickly develops a taste for this healing spice.