- Pour 1/4 cup water into the bottom of a large glass bowl and sprinkle gelatin over top. Allow to bloom for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together coconut milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla, pumpkin spice, and salt in a pot over medium heat until very HOT but not boiling.
- Pour HOT mixture over gelatin and whisk until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Cover tightly (to avoid skin forming over top) and place in fridge until set – at least 4 hours.
- Remove from fridge and using a hand mixer (or food processor), whip until fluffy and smooth. Be patient. This can take a couple of minutes. Top with all the good things. Enjoy!!
- In the instructions, I recommend using a hand blender to whip the pudding until creamy smooth. I love this method as it makes it so light and fluffy. A food processor will work as well.
- If you prefer a panna cotta type dessert, you can pour mixture into small individual cups to set. Be sure to cover before placing in fridge. No whipping necessary.
- In an attempt to reduce plastic waste, I recommend covering your glass bowl with a large, heavy pot lid. It works perfectly.
- Once whipped until fluffy, pudding can be kept in fridge for up to 3 days.