A creamy, dairy free popsicle made with chocolate, peanut butter + bananas. Dipped in a chocolate peanut butter hard shell. Tastes like ice cream if you let it soften for a few minutes before eating.
- 1 can (15 ounces) full fat coconut milk (I use THIS BPA free brand)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder (or unsweetened dutch chocolate) (like this)
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- one very ripe banana
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch or two of salt
FOR CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER HARD SHELL
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (I use THIS dairy free brand OR THIS sugar free brand))
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- optional coarse sea salt +cacao nibs for sprinkling
- Place popsicle ingredients into blender and blend on high until creamy smooth. Pour into popsicle molds, insert popsicle sticks, and freeze, preferably overnight.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place into freezer to chill.
- Once popsicles are frozen, remove from molds by running under hot water. Slip popsicles out and put on prepared cold baking sheet. Put popsicles back into the freezer to harden briefly.
- Meanwhile, in a double-boiler, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, + coconut oil and stir until completely smooth. Transfer melted chocolate to a tall glass jar that a popsicle can be dipped into. I use a 1-cup Pyrex measuring cup.
- Take the baking sheet out of the freezer and dip each popsicle into the chocolate. Sprinkle quickly with cacao nibs + coarse salt as the shell hardens pretty fast. Put back in the freezer to freeze completely.
If you have leftover hard shell, pour it onto a baking sheet covered in parchment paper + freeze. Once frozen, break into pieces and enjoy.