Creamy chocolate peanut butter banana popsicles. Need I say more?
Summer is here. And I’m celebrating with super creamy chocolate popsicles that are made with a few simple ingredients and take just a few minutes to make.
Chocolate + peanut butter + banana. No Bake. Dipped in chocolate. What’s not to love?
What’s in chocolate peanut butter banana popsicles?
❤️ full fat coconut milk
❤️ cacao powder (or unsweetened dutch chocolate)
❤️ natural peanut butter
❤️ ripe banana
❤️ maple syrup
❤️ vanilla extract
❤️ chocolate chips, peanut butter, + coconut oil for hard shell
❤️ optional coarse salt + cacao nibs for sprinkling
See? It’s a super simple, no fuss summer treat recipe. The chocolate peanut butter hard shell is completely optional, but does make it feel a bit more celebratory.
Our household is split between team salt and team not salt. But I HIGHLY recommend adding a bit of coarse salt because salty sweet is totally my jam.
I cannot express how much I LOVE these creamy popsicles that taste like ice cream if you let them soften for a couple of minutes before you eat them. I do believe that the flavor combination is a match made in heaven.
I’ve made a couple of batches of these babies this week. They’ve made the packing and planning a little easier. (We’re moving across the country in 3 weeks!!) Maybe it’s stress eating, but chocolate does somehow make it all better.
Be sure to follow along on INSTAGRAM as we pack up our home in Northern California and drive across the entire country to our new destination. All the feelings happening right now. Excited, nervous, overwhelmed, + grateful.
Hope you love these popsicles as much as we do. They really are the PERFECT summer treat.
PS… I use BPA popsicle molds similar to THESE. Mine hold about 1/2 cup each, so this recipe makes about 5 popsicles for me. If you use smaller molds, you will get more popsicles.
DID YOU MAKE THIS AND LOVE IT? I WANT TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS. SHARE THE LOVE ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG @savorylotus AND USE THE HASHTAG #savorylotus FOR A CHANCE TO BE FEATURED. FOLLOW SAVORY LOTUS ON PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK TO KEEP UP WITH LATEST CONTENT AND UPDATES.Print
A creamy, dairy free popsicle made with chocolate, peanut butter + bananas. Dipped in a chocolate peanut butter hard shell. Tastes like ice cream if you let it soften for a few minutes before eating.
- 1 can (15 ounces) full fat coconut milk (I use THIS BPA free brand)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder (or unsweetened dutch chocolate) (like this)
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- one very ripe banana
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch or two of salt
FOR CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER HARD SHELL
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (I use THIS dairy free brand OR THIS sugar free brand))
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- optional coarse sea salt +cacao nibs for sprinkling
- Place popsicle ingredients into blender and blend on high until creamy smooth. Pour into popsicle molds, insert popsicle sticks, and freeze, preferably overnight.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place into freezer to chill.
- Once popsicles are frozen, remove from molds by running under hot water. Slip popsicles out and put on prepared cold baking sheet. Put popsicles back into the freezer to harden briefly.
- Meanwhile, in a double-boiler, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, + coconut oil and stir until completely smooth. Transfer melted chocolate to a tall glass jar that a popsicle can be dipped into. I use a 1-cup Pyrex measuring cup.
- Take the baking sheet out of the freezer and dip each popsicle into the chocolate. Sprinkle quickly with cacao nibs + coarse salt as the shell hardens pretty fast. Put back in the freezer to freeze completely.
If you have leftover hard shell, pour it onto a baking sheet covered in parchment paper + freeze. Once frozen, break into pieces and enjoy.
Here’s a few more you may like.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.